They both came out EXTREMELY well, and although I couldn't quite seem to get a photograph to truly convey how tasty the passionfruit slice was; it was by far my favorite of the two.
Coconut & Passionfruit Slice
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
100g butter, melted
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
2 tbsp. passionfruit pulp
1. Prehead oven to 180C (160C Fan Forced). Lightly spray a 16cm x 26cm slice pan with cooking oil spray (I used the butter wrapper..) Line base and sides with baking paper.
2. Combine flour, desiccated coconut, caster sugar and melted butter in a large bowl. Press mixture evenly into base of prepared pan. Bake for 12 mins, until just firm and golden.
3. Meanwhile, to make topping, whisk together condensed milk, lemon juice and passionfruit pulp in a large bowl until well combined. Pour mixture over hot slice base. Bake slice for another 15 mins, until just firm to the touch.
4. Remove slice from oven and set aside of rack to cool in pan for 5 mins.
5. Cut slice into rectangles to server. STUFF YOUR FACE!
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
250g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
250g unsalted butter, softened
2 cups (440g) caster sugar
3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
750g cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 160C. Grease and line a 24cm square cake pan.
2. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
3. Meanwhile, place butter and 1 1/4 cups (275g) sugar in a bowl, then beat with electrical beaters until thick and pale. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well between each. Add melted chocolate and flour, then continue beating until well combined.
4. Spread two-thirds of the chocolate mix in the pan. Set remaining mixture aside.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese and remaining 3/4 cup (165g) sugar with electrical beaters until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
6. Carefully spread cream cheese mixture over the chocolate in the pan. Dollop the remaining chocolate mixture over cream cheese layer, then use a fork to swirl the chocolate through the cream cheese.
7. Bake for 1 hour 15 mins or until the centre is just set. Cool completely in pan, then carefully remove from the pan, transfer to a board and cut into 16 squares. STUFF YOUR FACE!